Monday is our anniversary and it’s booked with flight school, end of year testing for the girls and then the biggest appointment… Our meeting with EFMP (Exceptional Family Member Program) to hopefully be signed off for ORDERS!!! Momma needs this to schedule everything else for this blessed move of ours. Prayers that all our T’s are crossed and our I’s are dotted, because I’m handling all of this solo-I guess you can count Chickpea and Ladybug as support—As long as they aren’t fighting over the tablet!
Back to me and my love and our day. I wasn’t sure how this blog would go and then the first one was lost when my laptop crashed so this will have to do.
Here we are folks 13 years ago on our wedding day. We are about to embark on the biggest journey of our little lives.
|May 4, 2002|
We have added to our love over the years. Chickpea and Ladybug are truly blessings and I’m blessed to be their momma. Then there is Bria. She is very lucky to be going to Japan with us--
|My little family|
What I have learned after 13 years of marriage.
1. Marrying my Man was the Best decision. I’m truly, beyond blessed to have hubby in my life. He loves me despite all my faults and morning ugliness.
2. FORGIVENESS- You have to forgive over and over and over again. Sometimes for the same stupid thing (one of us thinks it’s stupid.) I’m perfectly fine stewing in my anger till hubby comes and says sorry first, but as I’ve matured I’ve started working on being the first to say Sorry. It’s never easy, but feels good and makes things so much better!
3. I’m NOT really that great to be married to.. I’d like to think that I’m, All That and a Bag of Chips and my hubby hit the jackpot scoring a wife like me (* wink wink)-- but let’s face it I can’t fool anyone with that and I know for a fact I can annoy my hubby to no end.
4. As wonderful as I think my hubby is, he is not Jesus! He can’t fix me emotional, physically or mentally. That is a job I can only give to Jesus and it is hard to not to put my issues on my hubby. Trust me you need to give it to Jesus the first time around.
5. We are each other’s BFFs. With life, moves, kids, work and friends that come and go, we have realized we are each other’s Rocks. We are there for each other at the end of the day through thick and thin.
6. My hubby needs s*x….. A lot!!!!!! I like to be romanced.
7. The grass IS NOT a shade of lovely greener. The older I get the more clearly I see when my grass looks brown, I simply need to water it to get to be it’s own beautiful shade of Green.
8. At some point you will read “The 5 Love Languages” I thought I’d never pick it up.. Never say Never people! Started reading last week. Books on marriage aren’t all that bad.
9. Encourage and Build each other up. It’s easy to criticize and point out failings (perceived or real), but do the harder thing and encourage and build each other up.
10. My hubby needs attention. My hubby is in a house with all girls, but he has no problem holding his own when it comes to talking. He needs me to be “into” him and “into” whatever he’s interested in. For him that is new fitness routines, new health food concoctions, and many random YouTube videos. These are a few things my hubby is “into”, therefore this is what I’m “into”.
11. Laugh and Have Fun. If you can’t laugh with, at each other and often, you are just plain boring!
12. Love isn’t Always Spoken. Though you might go the day without words or affection. Love is there through faithfulness in your responsibilities. We however make it a point to say, “I love you” as much as possible throughout the day.
13. Marriage is hard stinking work-- I know if I hang tight to Jesus and the hand of my hubby- We will continue to have the ride of our life!
Enjoy your Cinco de Mayo!